Nokia N800 boot problem

On Fri, Jun 15, 2007 at 03:52:23PM +0100, Philip Trickett (List) wrote:

> The question related to this is: Is the charger covered under warranty,
> and if so, how do I get a replacement?

My N800 came with a defective charger.  I called and mailed Nokia,
speaking to a number of different people who explained to me that the
charger was a part of the whole package, and I could either take
everything into an approved dealer to be repaired or return everything
to them.

I tried a dealer, who told me there was nothing they could do even
though they had replacement chargers hanging on the wall right there.  I
bought a new charger there anyway, since I was getting fed up of having
to charge the N800 in the car.

So I persisted with Nokia, and eventually they relented and sent me a
new charger.  Although I offered, they didn't want the old one back.

So the answer, I think, is yes, you can get a replacement from Nokia,
but it might be hard work and could take a little time.

Paul Johnson - paul at pjcj.net
http://www.pjcj.net