Promblems with memory card

Hi!

I have a 1 GB memory card in my N770, but it seems to be experiencing
some file system problems recently. I can no longer write to it (and not
delete files) but read works ok. When I try to format it (File manager -
Memory card - Format) it says "Memory card in use" and refuese. I have
stopped the canola-conf from updating, but it does not help.

I can access as root in terminal or via ssh - sudo gainroot from another
computer. And via USB to the card - but can I format it through usb?

Any help warmly appreciated.

Magnus Larsson