Poor GPS Navicore software

Hi,

If you want to have maps pointing to North (that I would not personally
need that, even
in aviation use because for me the rotating map is a more logical to
understand (for me), I even rotate physical map when flying the plane
according to the direction I am pointing at),
you can use the Maemo Mapper.

It has maps pointing to North as an only option because the bitmap maps
used on it can't rotate.
In fact, I am using a lots of Maemo Mapper because it is brilliant
software for measuring walk trips, bicycle trips etc. and it doesn't
enforce your position to the nearest road, it works fine in the forest
too and it is nice to be able to see also the satellite image of the
position.

I even used it for primary navigation in Spain on last Guadec. However,
it led us (me and Kate) to some
bizarre places because the road data is not so accurate on it and we
found ourselves from middle of some little field road several times, but
other than that, it is really nice software, despite I am using
also Navicore, I like to use the Maemo Mapper despite the maps don't
rotate on it. Anyway, I would like to recommend installing also Maemo
Mapper, many people love it for other reasons than the maps pointing to
North, but it also has maps pointing to North by default if someone
likes that feature.

Best Regards,
Karoliina