Garage project news (was RE: Plugins available for Maemo Claws-mail 2.9.2-1)

On 05/10/2007 22:35, quim.gil at nokia.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As you have seen now the http://maemo.org homepage features the news
> coming from http://garage.maemo.org, that are written directly by the
> project maintainers. Users can subscribe to feeds and be the first ones
> to know.
>
> Garage project maintainers, please make sure all your relevant updates
> are reflected there with as much detail as possible. The GForge
> interface is not the best in the world to publish news and receive
> feedback but it does both. As usual, please submit feature requests if
> you miss something.
>
> Sending emails to the mailing lists for new releases can't be considered
> off topic but with >200 projects in Garage (and growing) it is clear
> that it's not a sustainable practice in the mid term.
>
> Thanks for your understanding (and yes, specifically Claws mail project
> tends to publish news - I just needed an example to raise this topic).
>
> :)
>
> Quim

If not then can a new newsgroup be setup for just such announcements.  That
way the users get the best of both worlds, and developers which is what makes
this device go round can have a place to let others know their product has
gotten better.

tim