Skype Update?

James Knott wrote:
> Michael Wiktowy wrote:

>>> What I'd like is something that can talk to standard SIP/RTP servers,
>>> like we have at work.
>>>
>> You should be  able to use Gizmo Project for that. It has a spot for
>> your own SIP server details. I have been quite happy with Gizmo's
>> performance on the tablets.
>>

> I've got it and configured it for our company SIP server.  When I dial a
> number, I get ringing and nothing else.  Also, it doesn't repond to
> incoming calls.  I'll have to do some more work to see what the problem is.

I just checked if I could connect while I'm not connected to the company
network.  When I dial an internal number, I get the same ringing as
before.  Since that SIP server is behind the firewall, it's obvious that
Gizmo isn't even attempting to connect it.  It looks like it's useless
for me.  Is there any SIP soft phone that will work properly, without
having to connect to an external server, as Gizmo does?