Reading the manual (was RE: Instant on Loading)

On Tue, May 08, 2007 at 02:51:41PM -0400, Jonathan Greene wrote:
> I found the manual in my own exploration of the device and was
> surprised it was not more actively promoted anywhere since the box
> only included a quickstart guide and no printed material of detail.  I
> missed it was there when I had the 770...

Yup, my n800 didn't come with a printed manual either, and I found the
.PDF manual to be horribly optimized for screen reading.  The fonts
are too small such that you can't really read it until you blow it up,
and then you have to cosntantly panning the viewer around to read the
entire screen.

It would have been really nice if the manual came in HTML format, so
that the browser could rejustify the text based on the zoom level.
Basically, I found the .PDF to be pretty much unusable unless I copied
it over to my laptop and read it on a 1600x1200 display, or if printed
it out and then read it in dead-tree format.

						- Ted