Poor GPS Navicore software

On 8 May 2007, Johan Helsingius <julf at julf.com> wrote:
> Missouga Dongi wrote:
>
> > The one feature that make this device worthless for me (to the point that
> > I'll return it to the Nokia shop) is that you cannot have your maps pointing
> > North.
>
> That misfeature doesn't seem to stop TomTom from being a
> market leader...

In terms of units sold the models bellow seem to lead:

Garmin StreetPilot i5
Garmin Nuvi 350
Navman iCN 650
Lowrance iWay 500c

I have not used any TomTom GPS so I can't comment on that but I own/owned
3 different models from Garmin and all of them give you the choice to
select between north pointing maps and "mary-go-round" maps. From the
software point of view it is harder to have the rotating maps than just
to move the car pointer on the map so it shouldn't be that hard to have both.

People who use rotating maps tend to get lost more easily and all it
takes is a missed turn because they are not aware how they are globally
positioned.

How you navigate should be a user choice and Navicore is gone lose
clients (like myself) if they won't implement this option.