VNC

On 02/04/07, Willie McKemie <mckemie+maemo at spamcop.net> wrote:
> Has anyone had any luck using the 800 VNC viewer on a Ubuntu server?
> I've tried both Ubuntu 6.10 and 7.04 and can only get "could not
> connect to server".  On the 7.04, I tried both the vncserver and
> vnc4server packages.
>
> The repository for doom that is pointed to from downloads.maemo.org
> seems not to be working correctly.  Anyone know another source of doom
> for OS2007?

To get vnc4server working on Ubuntu, I installed Xubuntu on top (to
get the xfce window manager) then followed the instructions here:

http://grumpymole.blogspot.com/2006/12/xubuntu-remote-desktop-with-vnc4server.html

but found I also had to downgrade xvnc4server like so:

http://grumpymole.blogspot.com/2007/02/edgy-and-feisty-vnc4server-still-not.html

Works fine with my n770.  Can't say if it would on the n800.

Cheers,

Jim