IT2007 Hacker Edition - First impression

Hi,

here are my impressions.

Michael Wiktowy schrieb:
> On 4/7/07, ?lvaro J. Iradier <airadier at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Can other people that are using IT2007 hacker edition share their
>> comments and impressions?

The 770 with OS 2007 seems to be more stable than with any OS 2006
version (I did not try the 2006.49 version, though).
Most applications (including the commercial Navicore software) run fine
on it. Battery consumption seems to be a lot lower now. I need to
charge my 770 far less than before.
The multimedia capabilities are OK, but playing a video with Canola
messes up the display and you have to reboot. The included media player
plays MP3 files just fine and usually runs in the background when I use
Navicore in my car.

Tapping on the battery icon on the N800 shows the estimated time left,
but on the 770 with OS 2007, tapping the icon does nothing.

I am not using Opera on the 770 very much anymore, so I cannot say
much about this.

After some time, the internal MMC was treated as read-only by the
filemanager. All other programs could write on the MMC though.
This happened with every MMC I tried. Something in the osso-filemanager
must have broken.

But all in all, OS 2007 runs really fine on the 770 and I don't think
I would want to revert it back to OS 2006.

Martin