video conferencing - ekiga

On 4/5/07, Rainer Dorsch <rdorsch at web.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am wondering, if the maemo video conferencing software on the N800 can talk
> to an ekiga on a linux box. Does voice work? Does video work?
>
> I do not want to run ekiga on the N800 (although that would probably solve my
> problem as well).

The video won't work but the voice will. You have to be running a SIP
client on the N800 like Gizmo and be calling another Gizmo user or a
user on a SIP provider that openly peers with GizmoProject.

I use Gizmo but I wouldn't love for someone to make a plugin for the
built-in VoIP infrastructure and just adds SIP capability to it ...
but I guess it is easier said than done.

/Mike