mc "shell link"

I've just discovered that the current version of mc for the 800 has the
ssh "shell link" filesystem!  Wonderful!  I believe that was missing
when I put mc on my 770 last year.  On the 770, I diddled some trying
to get nfs mounts working but did not succeed.  Bottom line: I had no
real convenient way to move files to and from the Nokia without hooking
up via USB.

Now, I find I can ssh into the 800, run mc, do a "shell link" mount and
move files (audio is my immediate interest) around at will.  With a
real display and a real keyboard.  I'm working Linux on both ends, of
course.

Great stuff!

I notice that Canola seems not to handle .ogg.  I wonder if there is a
fix for that?

--
Willie, ONWARD!  Through the fog!
Debian3.1/GNU/Linux system uptime  381 days 16 hours 19 minutes