Canola abruptily ending songs too soon...

Hi, Gustavo...
 I have the current versions of Claws-mail and Gaim running at the
same time... Claws-mail is set up to retreive mail every 5 minutes.
Gaim updates whenever someone enters or leaves, etc.
 I've also noticed some weird "chirps" (digital distortion of some
kind) that occur during playback (seems to be random, as it's not
reproducable on the same track twice). These chirps sometimes occur
when a song is cut short.
 I'll keep a closer eye on why the songs might be switching next
time.
 Thanks,
 Tim
 ---