bootmenu ?

One of several n770's I use has the  bootmenu installed going back to
Nov 3 07.

I installed the software following the instructions available at the time.

The device in question is using kernel,

version 2.2006.39-14

and the device utilizes an mmc 2gig memory module from kingston.
(the memory module has two partitions the first partition is vfat and
the second is ext2 1-gig each)

when installing I extracted the initfs_flasher.tgz into a folder and
moved the folder over to the nokia 770.

I then executed the ./initfs_flasher from the directory in /home/user/xxxx/

Having that it was several months back I do not recall the instructions
the script gave per say.  after the install I attempted to have the
device mount on startup the second partition (i.e. the ext2 partition)

I edited the fstab in /etc.  The minircS, minishutdown, and the
minireboot files in the init.d directory to initiate the mount on
startup.  However on startup the mount is not occurring!

I can however mount simply type in an xterm,

mount /dev/mmcblk0p2

the mount point is identified correctly by fstab and mounts

Q1 upon startup I would expect the mount to work from the scripts
attached are the files mentioned, could someone please look and tell me
what I am doing wrong!

Q2 I notice that when I type df -h and free I get the following results
this leads me to believe I made an error during the running of your scripts.

home/user # df -h
Filesystem                Size      Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/mtdblock4            2.0M      1.9M     72.0k  96% /mnt/initfs
none                    512.0k     28.0k    484.0k   5% /mnt/initfs/tmp
/dev/mtdblock4          123.5M     93.6M     29.9M  76% /
none                    512.0k     28.0k    484.0k   5% /tmp
none                      1.0M     48.0k    976.0k   5% /dev
/dev/mmcblk0p1          981.9M     68.0M    913.9M   7% /media/mmc1
/dev/mmcblk0p2          991.6M    154.7M    786.6M  16% /media/mmc2
/home/user # free
              total         used         free       shared      buffers
  Mem:        62224        60276         1948            0          112
 Swap:        65528            0        65528
Total:       127752        60276        67476

Should not the mount point for / be mmc1 or mmc2, which leads me to a
third question I was expecting only the initfs system to be located on
the /dev/mtblock4 and not /
I believe I may have answered a question incorrectly, or I did not
finish the setup.  I would expect to have my near 64 mb of flash ram
available.  Can someone suggest a solution.

Q3 would it not have been better that I created three partitions,
p1 vfat
p2 ext2 (kernel space and application space)
p3 ext2 (user space)

I am getting ready to install the bootmenu program on both another n770
and n800 and would like not to replicate my mistakes.

Q4 I noticed in the shell script bootmenu.sh script that
MENU_2_NAME="MMC card, partition 2 (stable), ext2"
did not contain device and module info.  If when I boot up using
bootmenu and in particular I am selecting mmc where is mmc looking to
boot from.

ENU_IDX=$MENU_MIN
MENU_1_NAME="Internal flash"
MENU_1_ID="flash"

MENU_2_NAME="MMC card"
MENU_2_ID="mmc"

MENU_3_NAME="MMC card, partition 2 (stable), ext2"
MENU_3_ID="mmc2"
MENU_3_DEVICE="mmcblk0p2"
MENU_3_MODULES="ext2"
MENU_3_FSTYPE="ext2"
MENU_3_FSOPTIONS="noatime"

I checked /media/mmc1 and /media/mmc2 and see no hidden scripts, I
assume I am still booting form /mnt/initfs/

Q5  can  the sdhc-kernel.bin OS kernel 2.6.18  found at,

URL http://intr.overt.org/n800-sdhc-kernel/

provide the patches for power/highspeed management I am looking for.   I
assume this is strictly a kernel patch and will not interfere with
applications installed.  I noticed after installing the latest kernel
for the n800 from the maemo site, that the device is running with much
greater stability.

I have not run the sdhc binary as I wasn't sure whether it was compiled
for the previous kernel or the new one.  After checking I see the OS are
the same.  I am assuming it is OK to install the new sdhc-kernel.bin.

Q6 After reading on the topic of bus speed (n800) and the two slots,
would you suggest running an mmc plus 2-gig in the internal slot and a
sdhc in the external slot, or does the bus sync to the lowest speed card
regardless i.e. I can use two sdhc cards in the n800.

Q7 I was out looking on the Scratchbox (apophis/r4) site and seeing that
I am running FC4 and will be migrating to FC5 or FC6 soon I will be
forced to install from tarballs.  Is there a source on maemo that
describes what packages I will need to install to get up and running
with scratchbox.  I assume all of the arm tarballs, gcc tarballs, core,
cputransp and dev kits with the latest version #'s

if anyone can point me to a source if there is one let me know

attached are my files from the n770 dilemma.

Sincerely

Jerry Stutte