Offline installation of applications

Hi,

thanks for all your quick help!!!!

Quick comments:

Tim, the main repository at
http://catalogue.tableteer.nokia.com/certified/
cannot be disabled.

Marius, yes, indeed, it was just an .install file. Even though I still
cannot connect to catalogue.tableteer.nokia.com (for whatever reason), the
package for VIM was received from http://mg.pov.lt/770 and that got
populated into the application manager even though the tableteer
repositories timed out after minutes. So, I got VIM installed.

Makuchaku, thanks for the tip. But even for that you need an X terminal
which I had not had initially...   So, thanks to Marius' comments I
downloaded the relevant .deb files via my PC to the N800 and when
"installing from file" the .deb packages, the application manager does the
job.

Cheers,
hinrich   d8-)