dead N800

Hi,

ext maemo-users-bounces at maemo.org wrote:
>>> You should be able to upgrade to the new version (3.2007.10-7). It
>>> might be enough to fix the problem.
>> In trying to flash, I never got beyond the "Suitable USB
>> device not found, waiting" point.

Did you:
- plug in USB cable
- keep "home" key pressed down
- press "power" button until the device screen lits up
?

The device needs to be powered on, otherwise it cannot
be found on USB.

>> Now, the N800 will no
>> longer power up via the power button.  It will sometimes
>> (briefly) display the opening "Nokia"
>> screen when the external power is plugged in (or wiggled).
>
> Sounds like you also run out of battery. Have you tried switching the
> device to R&D-mode with the flasher tool? It workarounds some powerup
> problems in the old image (fixed in new image). That might allow you
> to recharge and reflash the device. Be sure to disable R&D-mode
> afterwards!
>
> If that doesn't help, there's not much you can do I'm afraid.

If the device doesn't have enough battery to appear on the USB
and keep up long enough so that flasher would find it, only thing
that can be done is to change into the device a battery that has
been charged somewhere else (e.g. battery from one of the N-series
phones).

	- Eero