Installed apps that don't work?

Hi,
 I need help understanding something... There are all sorts of apps
that I can successfully install on my N800, but after installing, I
either can't find them or can't run them.
 1. Can't find: Streamripper for one... It's installed, but it's not
located anywhere that I can launch it. Or, is it just a function for
another app?
 2. Can't run: Many apps have done this... Tuner and Decent2, just to
name a couple. I click to launch and nothing happens. Weird.
 Now, mind you, I'm installing a lot of OS 2006 apps just to check
them out... I don't necessarily _need_ any of them... But, it seems
like if they install, they should run. Am I wrong? Shouldn't they
give an install error if they are incompatible with my system?
 Thanks,
 Tim
 ---
 Weblog ~ http://tim.samoff.com