problem starting n800

Michael Thompson wrote:

> I deleted a video from the card and then it worked fine. So it seems a
> bad file can stop the device booting without any hint as to what the
> problem might be!
>

> Is this a bug that is fixed in the next firmware, if not what should i
> file this against?
>
> Thanks for the clues, Michael

This tends to confirm the theory that removing SD cards can help a device that is refusing to boot. Obviously it shouldn't be possible to get a device into such a situation but clearly something is happening in the boot sequence whereby a corrupt fs can prevent the device from booting.

Hopefully it's fixed in the next firmware, I don't think anyone has posted technical details about what exactly may be happening and why SD cards result in a boot failure.