N800 and USB host mode

  I believe what you're looking for is here:
http://test.maemo.org/community/roadmap.html  There's a _huge_ list of
wishes for improvements elsewhere, but the roadmap is closer to
reality in terms of what might be implemented.  I believe the plan is
to flesh it out as far as who's running any particular project,
whether they're Nokia or not, current status, etc.  Searching the dev
list for roadmap will get you the details.

Larry