Help with thttpd

> installed ddclient for my desktop pc.

I thought you should install it on the box you wanted to show to the world.

> Now comes the big problem. I must implement Zoran's idea to get my 770
> automatically sending its IP to dyndns server.

Zoran's ideas come and go. If I read correct, client is in perl and will
work on 770. So, 770 has to send new address to central server, to update
dns. You only know the name (sebas.homedns.org). On the desktop you type
that name in browser and voila.

> 770 gets its IP from a phone connection. This means that my phone company
> changes its IP every time I connect the device to the net. I've got no
> experience with scripts, but I'll do my best, and maybe it'll be the first
> of a long list :)

It will cost, I think. Why not simply use existing provider, for the same
amount of cash? You could get the domain, dns servers, place to store your
ideas. Or just experiment inside local net, till you feel ready to be the
man, who has 1M/sec connections on just one 770.

                              Zoran