[maemo-users] rsync repository

On Fri, Feb 16, 2007 at 10:36:00AM +0100, Luca Donaggio wrote:
> 2007/2/15, Benjam? Villoslada <benjami at gmail.com>:
> >I'm looking for rsync in order to use grsync, byt only see this:
> >http://vidar.gimp.org/770/
> >
> >Anyone knows the rsnync repository?  Thanks :)

When I found a .deb I wanted to install that wasn't present in any
repository, I used to put it up on my ad-hoc repository:
http://mg.pov.lt/770/rsync.install

> AFAIK there's no repository for rsync; I'm considering to contact the
> package maintainer and ask him to let me add it to maemo extras repo along
> with grsync.

Please do so!  We all win from that.

And I'm not entirely comfortable advertising my repository for packages
that I didn't build myself.

> In the meantime, you can safely download and install the rsync deb from that
> link: it works on N800 too!

That's good to know.

Marius Gedminas
--
PCMCIA - People Can't Memorize Computer Industry Acronyms