[maemo-developers] Re: [maemo-users] 'Locking down' software installation

> My thought is that it might be worthwhile to have a constant warning written
> at the bottom of the "Check for Updates" dialog in the Application manager.
> A user should really backup before any update, but prompting with a dialog
> that frequently will only encourage users to ignore it. Major updates should
> definitely come with a dialog, and as this occurs less frequently perhaps
> people might actually read it and heed the warning ;)

IMO a constant warning will become part of the scenery, and users will
forget about it, if indeed they notice it at all in the first place.

--
It doesn't take a nukular scientist to pronounce foilage!  --Marge Simpson
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/shouldbefree.html