[maemo-users] Re: suggestion for next Nokia tablet

Bastien Nocera napsal(a):
> On Tue, 2007-02-13 at 11:43 -0600, Paul Klapperich wrote:
>> On 2/13/07, Bastien Nocera <hadess at hadess.net> wrote:
>>
>>         Do you see any console joypads from Sony or Microsoft with the
>>         arrows on
>>         the left, and main buttons on the right?
>>
>> You're a righty, aren't you? :-D
>
> Ya ;)

And it shows. Joypad on game console is quite different. Personally I
have no problems with this on my Xbox or Zodiac. The two types of
controls on sides are not that much different and can be used with both
hands. Stylus and buttons are very different. Stylus is like pen, you
are even supposed to write with it (hwr recognition) but even pointing
precisely is harder with the wrong hand. Can you write with your left
hand? Or use stylus with your nokia constantly with your left hand? Try
it and you will feel the pain twice (both for keys and stylus).

>> That's an entirely different thing. I'm not expected to hold a stylus
>> and write/point with it  in my right hand, or hold a stylus AND
>> activate buttons all with my left hand on a console.
>
> Stylus, yeah. The previous points were about moving the buttons to a
> different side, which wouldn't really help anyway.

No, in fact you missed the point completely. Re-read what Paul said.
Usable buttons on the other side would help a lot.