[maemo-users] Re: suggestion for next Nokia tablet

Ted,

I too like the idea of a keyboard. I have a UTStarcom 6700 and the
keyboard is of the slide out variety which works very well.  Here is the
url to a www page at the UTStarcom www site that shows an image of the
unit with the keyboard slid out:

http://www.utstar.com/PCD/view_phone_details.aspx?mcode=PPC6700&bID=30&sAct=0

This keyboard design gets generally good reviews from users however one
problem with it is  that keying in numerics is a pain because it
requires a special key + the selected number. Also, given the handset's
form factor, the keyboard is a bit small for those with large hands/fingers.

Best Regards,

John Holmblad

Acadia Secure Networks

GSEC Gold, GCWN Gold, GGSC-0100, NSA-IAM, NSA-IEM
serving the digital home, entrepreneurial enterprise, and emerging
carrier markets

(M) 703 407 2278

(F)  703 620 5388

primary email address:  jholmblad at aol.com <mailto:jholmblad at aol.com>