[maemo-users] suggestion for next Nokia tablet

On Mon, 12 Feb 2007 21:02:43 +0100 Frantisek Dufka <dufkaf at seznam.cz> wrote:

FD> Ted Zlatanov wrote:
>> scrolling should be purely
>> a mouse button 4/5 operation, not "move to the next link OR the next
>> page, UNLESS I hold the button down", which is why I don't use the D
>> pad for scrolling.  It's just too hard to go to the next page, which
>> is a very common operation.

FD> In that case check http://maemo.org/maemowiki/ScrollInOperaWithThumb

Cool.  But it says ITOS 2006 breaks it.  Will it work with the N800 /
ITOS 2007?  If so, the page should be updated.

FD> Fixing ~/.opera/input.ini is one of first things I do after installing
FD> each new firmware. I wonder who actualy wants the 'go to next link'
FD> feature.

I like it.  It's just not what I usually want.  A usability study
would have shown that most users most of the time want to scroll down,
not go to the next link in a web page.  So I would just swap, down/up
scroll down/up, and hold down/hold up do previous/next link.

Ted