[maemo-users] Abnormal power consumption on N800

  On the subject of excessive WLAN power consumption, I have a issue
I've been meaning to bring up.  I use a US Robotics USB b/g WLAN
adapter in ad-hoc mode on a Linux system to connect to.  The driver
for the USB wrapper is loaded via NDIS Wrapper, kernel version 2.6.18.
 I do not use DHCP for anything; all IP information is defined
statically.  The ad-hoc network uses 128b WEP.   Anyway, whenever I'm
connected I have no problems with the connection but it will dissipate
power continuously, growing warm to the touch regardless of how long
it's idle.  Typically I'll open a SSH session and leave it open all
day without doing much.

  Anyone have a similar experience aside from Humberto's?

Larry