[maemo-users] Abnormal power consumption on N800

"Humberto Ortiz-Zuazaga" <humberto at hpcf.upr.edu> writes:

> I have an N800, and there are 2 wireless networks in the office, with
> two SSID "hpcfwl" and "guestwl", I defined them both on the N800, but
> hpcfwl won't let me connect until I add the Mac address to the access
> point's ACL. guestwl does let me connect.
>
> The problem is that the N800 tries to connect to the hpcfwl when I walk
> in the door, and eats a full charge in a few hours. The status bar shows
> a ? on the connection icon.

I have now heard few reports of WLAN consuming too much power. Usually
it's a sign of WLAN not going to Power Save Mode and it happens
because of some odd IOP problems with certain Access Points.

I would like know more details about this hpcfwl. I would be
interested know at least it's make and model, but firmware version
also would be good to know.

--
Kalle Valo