[maemo-users] Contacts on N800

On Wednesday, February 07, 2007, at 01:14PM, "Andy Mulhearn" <unxmully at mac.com> wrote:

>On Wednesday, February 07, 2007, at 12:52PM, "Luca Donaggio" <donaggio at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Both Contacts and Dates use the Evolution Data Server which is built in on
>>IT OS>=2006. So Contacts share the same data as the built in contacts app
>>from Nokia, for example.
>>You can import a calendar from a desktop Evolution installation (default on
>>every Linux GNOME desktop) by simply copying its calendar.ics file over the
>>same file on your N770/800 and rebooting the device (to let EDS rescan its
>>database).
>
>I will try anyway but do you know if it works with a iCal calendar from OSX?
>
>I tried once but didn't do the reboot so perhaps that's why it didn't get picked up.

Just tried with an old copy of my Mac Calendar and it works as you suggest and I can now see my calendar in Dates on my n880.

Nice :))

OK, so being picky, I have to copy the file to a specific directory that file manager doesn't brows to and then reboot but as my personal diary doesn't change that much, that's not what I call a major hardship.

Andy