[maemo-users] Contacts on N800

2007/2/7, Andy Mulhearn <unxmully at mac.com>:

> Don't they just. Both already look very polished.
>
> Because I had GPEContacts installed and had imported my contacts from a
> vcf (?) file, I found that Contacts was pre-populated with those contacts.
> As a dumb user I guess they use the same db.
>
> No such luck with dates and no import process which I look forward to.
>
> Andy

Both Contacts and Dates use the Evolution Data Server which is built in on
IT OS>=2006. So Contacts share the same data as the built in contacts app
from Nokia, for example.
You can import a calendar from a desktop Evolution installation (default on
every Linux GNOME desktop) by simply copying its calendar.ics file over the
same file on your N770/800 and rebooting the device (to let EDS rescan its
database).

Luca Donaggio