[maemo-users] Re: N800 and Bluetooth Headsets

> I agree, though - there /are/ two models.  I think that Nokia's
> addressing the "convergence-luvvas" quite nicely with their (much much
> much more numerous) smart phone offerings.  The N800, however, is a
> deliberate step to the other end of the spectrum - single device,
> single purpose (where purpose=="Internet", not "www", "IM", or
> "VOIP".)

I agree (I'm in the second group).  There are people that want the ITs
to be smartphone replacements, PC replacements, PDA replacements, etc,
and they're all clamoring for that one thing that was *so obvious*
that they can't see how Nokia left it out.

IMO the great thing about the ITs is that they're so customizable that
it's like having a blank slate.  "Here, I have GNU/Linux, wifi, and a
web browser; make me into whatever you want."

--
Just stop and take your secret journey, you will be a new box. --Leeta
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/shouldbefree.html