[maemo-users] Re: N800 and Bluetooth Headsets

Tobacco...buy it at your corner store. Next year when Nokia releases
next model w/3G we can discuss further.

Dude...you just don't understand. There are two models which are equally
valid...each device to it's own and the convergence model. People want
both...not everybody wants to wear a "geek" jacket with pockets for
their iPod, phone and N800.

Why should I carry around 2 devices of roughly same form factor?!? Why
should I deal with the BT-pairing/bonding crap involved with two
different devices? Have you ever been jamming to tunes on your ipaq/pod
and a call came in? It is an often unelegant scramble to answer the
phone on your headset.

Every high-end umpc or ppc form factor has cellular as option...larger
tablets...umpcs...and ppc devices like treo/etc.

You state: "I don't *want* convergence...I don't *want* a browser on my
phone"

But guess what? Many people DO want convergence...phones are getting
crammed with PIM/web features and screen sizes are shooting up....and
conversely pocket pcs/etc. are getting cellular capability.

It's a computer...not a phone.

mike