[maemo-users] metalayer-crawler

Hi,

ext Eero Tamminen wrote:
>>> If you reboot, can you get it again to consume that much CPU
>>> i.e. is the problem (easily) re-producable?
>>
>> It starts consuming CPU as soon as it starts, and keeps going.
>
> But only if your MMC is in when you reboot?
> Does "dmesg" tell anything?
>
> What happens if you remove MMC?
> Does the device complain that your MMC is in use?
>
> If it does, what is the output of following:
>   for pid in $(pidof metalayer-crawler); do ls -l /proc/$pid/fd; done
> (Does it list any files from the MMC?)

I've now received an MMC which triggers this bug. The FAT file system on
this MMC is corrupted.  I.e. you would see in dmesg messages about FAT
errors and the crawler has some files open which names are complete
(>200 bytes long) garbage.  Most of the MMC contents seemed OK though
and I think that's why it was mounted.

Please check whether all the file names on your MMC look alright and
fsck it.   If this doesn't cure the problem, more information about
the problem is needed.

	- Eero