[maemo-users] HOWTO N800+TVersity+MediaStreamer?

Hi,

I just tested with N800+MediaStreamer and TVersity, and it works fine. Could it be your windows XP firewall setting that blocking TVersity as a network server?

Yeah about video. I tested a low bit-rate South Park episode and a high bit-rate Borat movie in xvid, both works somehow, but there are quite a bit of buffering. Sound is ok, but video in Borat is choppy. I set device to N770 in TVersity, using FFDShow codecs, and transcoding only when needed. My XP machine is not very fast, an older AMD Athlon 2500+ with 512M RAM. I need to do more debugging and fine tuning to get the best results.

/Zheng

Laurent MARTIN <laurent at gide.net> wrote: Hi!

I'm trying to stream some picts and ausio clips from my XP box to my
N800 using TVersity and Media Streamer. TVersity is apparently running
and sharing, but Media Streamer is not able to detect the media server
(ie. the XP box).
All settings are default settings on TVersity, except "Media Playback
Device" which has been set to "Nokia 770 Internet Tablet".
The N800 is able to connect to the XP box through SSH so it can see it!
Any clue? TIA.
Laurent, in Nantes (France).

PS: Is Media Streamer for N800 able to decode video streams now?