[maemo-users] Usage

On Fri, Jan 26, 2007 at 04:51:29PM -0800, James Sparenberg wrote:
>    Just so I can see how my usage patterns and view of the 770/n800 mesh with
> the community I'd be curious to know if I'm alone in the way I treat my noki.
> It is to me a palmtop not a PDA.  I use it to increase my mobility and
> decrease my load, carrying it instead of a laptop.
>
>    To me my 770 is a laptop replacement.  I'm in charge of multiple data
> centers and it's a joy not having to lug a laptop out to dinner etc, in case
> I get an emergency call.
>
>   However I get the feeling most here see it as either a PDA (like a palm) or
> as a multimedia device (ala windows mobile or an iPhone).  Forgive me, I'm
> accustomed to thinking in use cases I guess.   For me the #1 app is
> osso-xterm and what I miss the most is ping.

To me my 770 replaces a laptop, a car radio, portable mp3 player, and a
library.  Sometimes also a map.

Most useful apps:

  1. FBReader
  2. Audio Player
  3. osso-xterm + ssh
  4. Opera
  5. Password Safe
  6. Notes
  7. Maemo Mapper

What I miss the most is a useful contacts app.

Marius Gedminas
--
Always proofread carefully to see if you any words out.