[maemo-users] application catalog reviews

Hello,

On 1/27/07, Andrew Flegg <andrew at bleb.org> wrote:
> On 1/24/07, Ferenc Szekely <ferenc at maemo.org> wrote:
> >
> > We are a step closer to officially announce the new Application Catalog:
> > http://test.maemo.org/applications/
>
> Is there going to be a remote API for updating this, using XML-RPC or
> someuch? The technology doesn't concern me, but putting information in
> .install files, debian/control *and* the app catalogue sounds like a
> lot of overhead.
>
> Similarly, are all "user/*" sectioned debs added to the extras
> repository going to automatically appear in the catalogue?

First of all many thanks to all of you who have sent us comments. I am
going to collect and add them to our feature request/bug tracker at
garage.maemo.org [1].
We are going to start phase 2 of the site development activities
pretty soon. One item on the agenda is to study how could we automate
the catalog updating from the extras repositories. I don't know if
there will a remote API or not, this has not been decided, but the
idea is good. Especially if we think about other than the maemo extras
repositories.
The current phase 2 plan will be added to garage this weekend, ie.
tonight or tomorrow.

> Thanks in advance,

Thanks to you!

> Andrew