[maemo-users] os2006 frequent vfat badblocks

> I have questions regarding that, I just did some file transfer and I
> move a couple of files with no problem. When the 3rd came up it took a
> while to transfer (the size was the same). Then I move some more, and
> I unmount it. (using linux)
>
> The unmounting took considerable time, around 2 minutes. In the past,
> unmounting it is almost automatically.
>
> On top of that I got 1 file corrupted (it wasn't the one that hanged
> during transfer). Any idea what could be going on and what steps
> should I take to keep my storage up to speed.

This is because, on linux, it's copying the data asynchronously (in
the background), so when you go to unmount the device, it blocks until
all the actual file transfer is completed.  I noticed in the past that
I would get file corruption problems when transferring large amounts
of data to the device via usb; it seemed like the 770 was just getting
overwhelmed with too much data at once.  Now I tend to use wifi/scp or
an external card reader for getting data onto the card.

--
Just stop and take your secret journey, you will be a new box. --Leeta
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/shouldbefree.html