	From: maemo-users-bounces at maemo.org
[mailto:maemo-users-bounces at maemo.org] On Behalf Of ext Kon Wilms
	Sent: 25 January, 2007 04:56
	To: maemo-users at maemo.org
	Subject: Re: [maemo-users] Card reader errors across multiple
devices - badN800 production line batche?

	Both, as well as the updated test kernel with SDHC support. All
have the same effect.

	Cheers
	Kon

	On 1/24/07, Jonathan Greene <atmasphere at atmasphere.net> wrote:

		Just curious whether you are using the updated 2007
release or the one
		that comes installed in the box?

		On 1/24/07, Kon Wilms <kon at geopacket.com> wrote:
		> All,
		>
		> I purchased N800 #1 and tested a 'known to work' 4Gb
Transcend 150x SD
		> (non-HC) card on it.
		>
		> Formatting and then initializing with swap corrupted
the card. I dosfsck'd
		> it under Linux and the report was a corrupted header.
If I fix it and put it
		> back in the N800 it is readable. The N800 is unable to
format it without
		> corrupting it.
		>
		> So I figured the N800 was maybe bad. I returned to
CompUSA who replaced it
		> with N800 #2. The new one has the same issue.
		>
		> The kicker is that the last octet of the MAC address
differs by about 5. So
		> this leads me to believe that both of these were from
the same production
		> batch.
		>
		> The internal and external readers have the same
problems.

		> This card works without problems in a camera, garmin,
phone, 3 desktop and 1
		> laptop-integrated card readers (one being around 2
years old, the others
		> being newer).
		>
		> The device hw version on these two is 1301.
		>
		> Has anyone else experienced this issue? Could we have
a h/w rev or faulty