[maemo-users] Re: Storage/Sleep Issues..

On 1/21/07, Jonathan Greene <atmasphere at atmasphere.net> wrote:
> On 1/21/07, Igor Stoppa <igor.stoppa at nokia.com> wrote:
> > On Sun, 2007-01-21 at 23:42 +0000, ext Neil MacLeod wrote:
> > [snip]
> > > Sadly I don't have the skills/knowledge. I wouldn't know where to start! The
> problem highlighted by bug #959 is probably rooted deep in the bowels of the
> (non-open source) power management, and I don't even know if the Display
> applet is open sourced.
> >
> > No, the power management _is_ open source, since it's basically all in
> > the kernel. What is not included in the kernel is just the
> > inactivity_timeout_expired => blank screen
> > action, and nothing else.

What is not Open Source, though is the applet for locking or unlocking
the screen. I already spent a few hours figuring that one out. I
though a quick good patch would be to increase the size of the combo
pad so you could use fingers to unlock the device or to lock it. I
haven't read the bugs (bad connection) but i think a bug against the
UI is perfecty acceptable in this case.