[maemo-users] Re: Battery Benchmarking?

On Fri, 2007-01-12 at 23:00 +0000, ext Andrew Flegg wrote:
> On 1/12/07, Igor Stoppa <igor.stoppa at nokia.com> wrote:
> >
> [snip]
> >
> > Lol, so I guess that all of you guys switch off your mobile phone before
> > going to bed, right?
>
> Yes, actually. If people need to ring me at night, they know my
> landline number (unless I'm away from home, then the mobile stays on).
> Voicemail can deal with eveyrone else.
>
> An always on device appeals; however I agree with Marius - if I have
> to recharge it every night (or more often!) it'll get annoying very
> quickly.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Andrew

Well, that's not what everybody does, indeed you have a "silent mode" on
the phone or even profiles so that only those you deem imiportant will
be allowed to wake you up.

However my point is that since the device is becoming more and more
usable as a mobile terminal, it's only obvious that it will gain some of
the features a mobile terminal has.

If you don't like them, switch them off (actually you could enjoy timed
self poweron / poweroff with a simiple script if that's what is annoying
you), but others might want them, so they are available.

I could understand the complaints if you were _forced_ to keep it always
on, but that's not the case.
--
Cheers, Igor

Igor Stoppa <igor.stoppa at nokia.com>