[maemo-users] Packages difficulties

"ext Joel Gwynn" <joelman at gmail.com> writes:

> Hello, all.  I'm trying to install the python run-time on my Nokia
> 770, and of course I'm having some sort of package management
> problems.

Heh, "of course"! :-)

> my repository is repository.maemo.org mistral free non-free.  Am I
> missing something?

I don't think you are missing something.

>From the Log below, is looks as if dpkg-deb can not be executed, for
whatever strange reason.

There has been cases of file corruption, maybe that has happened to
you (note the strange empty symbol name in the relocation error).
Sometimes these corruptions went away when rebooting, so please try
rebooting when you haven't tried that yet.

If rebooting doesn't help, you could try getting the dpkg-deb binary
from somewhere and copy it over the corrupted one.  Or you have to
reflash.