[maemo-users] Re: Problem connectin to internet (GPRS) using Samsung E900 phone

On Sat, 2006-12-16 at 15:31 +0100, Zoran Kolic wrote:
> > I can see in the terminal that all looks good. I of course
> > use the same scripts to connect.
> > If I try to open a page with opera I get network error instantly. Does
> > the DummyIAP trick not work anymore or am I doing something wrong?
>
> Hm! Would be a little bit easier to post
> the file. No password. :-)
> I like chat as the way to talk to the line.
> "User" ppp is tricky. You should wake up
> the modem, get phisical line, dial the num-
> ber, authenticate, set parameters... ISP
> gives you pap/chap option, so it must be
> known first. /etc/resolv.conf is here to
> turn simple names to ip addresses.
> Why not try this: install netcat and call
> pop3 or any other server? It will give
> you respond and error message.

You are correct! Don't know why I didn't think about this
before. /etc/resolv.conf is not created, so I took the one from my
ordinary computer and copied it to the nokia and now it works!

There seems to be only one problem left. It disconnects after about
30-120 seconds no matter if it transferring or not.

--
Anders Rune Jensen
http://people.iola.dk/anders/

PGP/GnuPG key: 1024D/62C2D7F0 @ pgp.mit.edu
Fingerprint: 6A03 907E 92E1 47EB 4EAB  76B6 068A ACD1 62C2 D7F0