[maemo-users] Re: Problem connectin to internet (GPRS) using Samsung E900 phone

> I can see in the terminal that all looks good. I of course
> use the same scripts to connect.
> If I try to open a page with opera I get network error instantly. Does
> the DummyIAP trick not work anymore or am I doing something wrong?

Hm! Would be a little bit easier to post
the file. No password. :-)
I like chat as the way to talk to the line.
"User" ppp is tricky. You should wake up
the modem, get phisical line, dial the num-
ber, authenticate, set parameters... ISP
gives you pap/chap option, so it must be
known first. /etc/resolv.conf is here to
turn simple names to ip addresses.
Why not try this: install netcat and call
pop3 or any other server? It will give
you respond and error message.

                     Zoran