[maemo-users] Re: [maemo-developers] Canola: other apps won't start

Ted,

Everything has a price, and to be able to give users the experience
that we planned of course we will need more resources than the usual.
But even with that said, we worked hard this week to really improve
this. But again: you're in the developers list so you know the device
limitations. We already cut the cpu usage in more than 50% but if you
need to draw smooth graphic movements, no way you can do this (like
pixel by pixel scrolling text) without using more cpu than a static
gtk application.

Browser is one of the hungriest application, but I was able to open it
with Canola even without closing canola. Of course this depends on the
site you're visiting.. how many images / flash it has and of course
how many cpu / memory this behavior will consume.

So, if any help is need in order to improve the usage, just contact us in the
#canola channel on irc.freenode.net
or via our garage project : http://garage.maemo.org/projects/canola/

BR

Marcelo