[maemo-users] How does the device-self-reset work?

Hello,

because I've stability problems from time to time I wrote a small C
application which does nothing more than allocating some memory and
using it (and checks wether values are correct). If I run it with a
45mb int-array everything is very slow but it works, with a 75mb
int-array (yeah, I want to heavily swap *gg*) it crashes very
frequently even with 64mb swap.

I wonder wether the self-reset jumps in here because it thinks the
device died somehow? Is this possible?
And if yes, is there a way to disable this check?

Thank you in advance, lg Clemens