[maemo-users] Operation failed

ext I?igo Ill?n <kodeport at terra.es> writes:

> I have upgraded my Nokia 770 to the latest flash and since Application
> Manager has been giving me a Operation failed error when I open the
> program or when I try to upgrade the package list.

Did you do anything with the Application Manager after flashing the
new image?

> The logs gives the following output:
>
> osso-application-installer 4.22, UI version 1
> E: Problem parsing Provides line
> E: Error occurred while processing osso-theme-default (NewVersion1)
> E: Problem with MergeList /var/lib/dpkg/status
> E: The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened.

This looks bad.  I do unfortunately do not know what is happening, but
I have seen too many reports about corrupted /var/lib/dpkg/status
files to feel comfortable.

If it is possible for you, please flash your device again and tell me
if that solved the problem.

If you don't want to reflash, try replacing /var/lib/dpkg/status with
/var/lib/dpkg/status-old.