[maemo-users] spontainious reboot now endless boot cycle.

On Monday 16 October 2006 04:52, Marius Gedminas wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 15, 2006 at 02:48:00PM -0700, James Sparenberg wrote:
> >   Earlier today I picked up the 770 (it was on charger) and touched the
> > screen as I normally would to wake it up.  When I tried to reconnect the
> > wifi the browser died (Ok ... happened before) then the 770 itself died
> > (this is new I did have 4 days uptime) and went to the white screen with
> > the blue NOKIA. The progress bar moves across the bottom.  When it gets
> > to the right and tries to move to the screen with the two hands (ala
> > Michealangelo) it goes dark and back to the NOKIA screen again... over
> > and over and over.  The only way to stop it at this point is to remove
> > the battery. (power switch will not work)
>
> This happened to me once: the 770 rebooted, and then rebooted again,
> without showing the desktop.  The second reboot was successful.
>
> >   This 770 is only about a week, week and a half old (got it around the
> > 10th ordered a week before) has a 1gig card installed, running 2006
> > version of the OS. (It came with that).  I tried calling tech support but
> > despite the fact that the website lists Sunday hours they actually are
> > closed on Sunday *sigh*
> >
> >   Just curious.  Has anyone here seen anything like this?  If it were a
> > full size box I'd suspect ram.  Tried removing the 1gig chip and it
> > didn't change the actions of the system.  Any thoughts from anyone on
> > this?
>
> The RS-MMC card is not used as RAM.  The 770 has 64 megs of built-in RAM
> (plus 128 megs of built-in flash memory, used as a "hard disk").  Some
> people suspect it may be faulty and have been running memtest on it.  I
> do not thing there were conclusive results.

I kind of ran 2 thoughts together.  RAM suspect in a full size system and the
possible that the detection of the RS-MMC card might cause a problem.  (since
I can't see the boot process)  Sorry for the stream of consciousness.  I went
ahead and did the RMA move today.  I miss it already *grin*

James