[maemo-users] Re: Finding 770 on when removing cover Re: Problem: automatic boot from off state

When I bought a 2 Gig MMC, I was noticing the 770 already on with the
cover on and with the supplied 64M memory card. When I upgraded to the 2
Gig, the Nokia 770 had to be reflashed back to IT2006.7 (newest image is
.8) with the 2 Gig additions.

First, I did not have to reinstall my applications. Secondly, the Nokia
worked with better stability and without the periods of being on in its
cover. I believe that the 64M card does not seat properly in the pocket
and because of this, the card kept the Nokia busy as it was seeing the
card being installed and uninstalled.

I thought best for those interested. BTW, I am using a Kingston 2 Gig
now and am quite happy with it.

Adam in NYC