[maemo-users] popularity contest

It would be great to have a better visibility of  what package are the
most used by users.
It would be usefull for users, and specially new users, to know what are
the most popular package and for developers too given some hints for
futur development.
As far as I know there are no easy way to find them.

Top Project Download section on garage web page could have been a good
start point but :
- is Katix-EFIS project really that popular ? Sorry Karollina but no it
is not.
  (link to screenshots explain the wrong first position, Gforge provide
dedicated section for screenshot to avoid that)
- package installed from maemo's extra repository are not  counted (Right ?)
- there is many other repositories with greats packages

It would be nice to have something like Debian Popularity Contest
http://popcon.debian.org/
or Ubuntu Popularity Contest
http://popcon.ubuntu.com/
or even better to have something a little more friendly for end users.

I could port popularity-contest package to Maemo but any other ideas are
welcomed.
I guess that Nokia people are also interested to know what the nokia 770
is used for so maybe something is already planned.

Regards,
Olivier ROLAND