[maemo-users] PIM suites

Hermann Lacheiner wrote:
> David King wrote:
>> Failing that, are there any other PIM suites other than GPE? It's not
>> that I hate GPE, I'd just like to see my options. Does anyone know
>> anything about the one that Open Hand was supposed to be releasing?
>
> There is already Dates 0.1 released from opened hand:
> http://projects.o-hand.com/dates
> Informations about the repository is on the website.
>
> I tried to synchronize Dates (uses evolution-data-server as backend)
> with my desktop evolution with opensync.
> I mounted the home directory of the nokia 770 with sshfs and set the
> location of the evolution calendar.ics (used by Dates) in the
> configuration of the evolution plugin.
> But even synchronizing with a file on the desktop side didn't work. It
> looked like, opensync could not open the calendar.ics file.
> Maybe someone had more success with it?

Has anyone else had any luck syncing evolution calendar with Dates? Any
other options for using the 770 as a PDA and syncing with Linux?

I'm eagerly looking for a way to sync my Kontact info with my Nokia, and
GPE PIM doesn't seem to be able to do it. So, I'll try evolution and
Dates, unless someone has a better idea?