[maemo-users] Tablett accidentially switches on

On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 12:55:07 +0300
Tomas Junnonen <tomas.junnonen at nokia.com> wrote:

> You've probably enabled the rd-mode using the flasher. In this mode the
> device instantly powers on when you press the power button, while
> usually you have to keep the button pressed a while. In rd-mode it will
> also power on even if the cover is on.

Could the list of the rd-mode effects be documented somewhere (e.g. on the
Maemo wiki)?  So far I've heard of three effects:

  - enables sudo gainroot
  - needed for serial console support
  - can be used to disable lifeguard
  - enables instant power on (this one is completely new to me)

I'll go and create http://maemo.org/maemowiki/RdMode

Marius Gedminas
--
Westheimer's Discovery:
        A couple of months in the laboratory can