[maemo-users] RE: [maemo-developers] Future features for Maemo Desktop

Marius Gedminas wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 29, 2006 at 10:05:41AM -0300, Eduardo de Barros Lima wrote:
>
>> On 8/28/06, Alessandro Ikeuchi <aikeuchi at santanderbanespa.com.br> wrote:
>>
>>> Instead of show me these crap links (that I searched many times) WHY YOU
>>> DON'T SEND ME THE Notes SOURCES, hein?
>>>
>> http://repository.maemo.org/pool/mistral/free/source/m/maemopad/
>>
>> You can always use "apt-get source" command.
>>

> MaemoPad and Notes are two different applications.
>
> Marius Gedminas

Ola,
As I see it the problem is this:
On
http://www.maemo.org/platform/docs/tutorials/Maemo_tutorial.html#differences
we have:
"There are plenty of other small differences, *some* of which are
explained in this tutorial."
(my emphasis). Now the only way to change that *some* into an *all* is
to give us (the community) either easy access to the source code (best)
or access to the person/s who wrote these differences so we can find out
how they affect the code we write and then we can document it ourselves.
Maybe a start to resolving this question would be if Nokia employed a
few people to monitor this list waiting for issues like bluetooth,
multimedia framework etc to crop up and then making it their mission to
get an answer/reply to the community as soon as possible. The worst
thing is some question falling into a black hole as this pisses
intelligent people (like OSS hackers) off if they do not have a way to
answer it for themselves.
HTH

-- --
Ian Lawrence
Centre for Bioinformatics
INSTITUTO NACIONAL DE PESQUISAS DA AMAZ?NIA ? INPA
RUA ANDR? ARA?JO N ? .2936 ? BAIRRO DO ALEIXO
MANAUS-AMAZONAS-BRAZIL
PPBio ? Research Program in Biodiversity
http://ppbio.inpa.gov.br

| Please do not send me documents in a closed
| format.(*.doc,*.xls,*.ppt)
| Use the open alternatives. (*.pdf,*.html,*.txt)

"The state can't give you free speech, and the state can't take it away.
You're born with it, like your eyes, like your ears. Freedom is something you assume, then you wait for someone to try to take it away. The degree to which you resist is the degree to which you are free..."